Saturday 5 November 2011

Australia; Emu Park, Kroombit Farm

03/11/2011

Went to Emu Park on the 2nd, it was basically a stop to break up our driving. Had an amazing dinner in nice accommodation then we had a TOGA PARTY! :)

Got realllly drunken again, we all wore togas and everyone had their own spin on it. There was a shot wheel and we could dance on the bar. It was BOILING in the bar though..there was a noise curfew after a certain time and we all got sent home at like midnight!

Next day 3rd nov, long drive to the outback. Stopped off in Rockhampton, the 'beef capital of Australia', saw statues of bulls, some with balls, some without lol.

Got to Kroombit Park and had a steak lunch straight away YUM.. Got ready and got on horses to do some goat mustering! It was really fun, but I was a bit nervous! Didn't wanna fall off my horse! Mine was called Rusty I loved him! :) we all wore cowboy hats and bandannas..looked like proper cowboys :) we had to all chant 'hey bub bub bub' to the goats to get them herded!

Then we did goat rodeo..in the goat pen we were in groups of 3, one was a lassooist, one caught the goat and one branded. I branded and we were on the winning team! I am officially the worst lassoist ever lol.

We had a mystery meat later, but I knew it was goat lol.. I am from the West Indies. I was ill so I missed out on whip cracking and the mechanical bull but its all good. I was sooo tired!

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment