Monday 5 December 2011

Fiji; back to Nadi

5/12/2011

I'm staying in Nadi for 3 more nights before I go to New Zealand. Staying in Smugglers Cove resort which is amazing. I'm not staying in the dorms, I've got a girl's sanctuary! I'm just happy to have a bathroom in my room!

1st night I had dinner with the brits I met at the start of the trip. Had some amazing garlic prawns mmm. Had some beers with them but they wanted an early night so I went to bed too booo!!

Day 2, had the best sleep ever! Got up and went for a walk. Found a random wierd shop all caged up, can't even see what's for sale! Came back and bought some souvineirs for people..

In the afternoon we went on a half day trip. We drove to a village and had an amazing lunch on the floor. Then we had Kava at a Kava ceremony. We then went to the 'garden of the sleeping giant' which had a lot of beautiful flowers and trees.

After that was the best part. We went to the mud pool! To our surprise we didn't get into the mud pool just covered ourselves in mud from it. We waited for it to dry then went into a hot spring.. And I mean HOT! It was like a bath. Amazing!!

Came back to the hostel and had a beer at the bar before going to the nextdoor hostel for dinner. I had the $10 special of grilled chicken and chips YUM! The bottles of beer were $2.50 aswell! That's like 80p!! :)
called it a night and came back to the room to chill out for a bit :)

Next day 4th dec I forgot it was Sunday but still went into Nadi town to look around. Most of the shops were shut and really annoying people would constantly come up to you and try and get you into their shop and drink kava! Lol.
Went to a market and bought some random crap for ppl lol then went to Chicken Express which was nowhere near as nice as kfc!

Had a nap when I got home and then went to the beach the water was so warm! Went nextdoor for $10 dinner again - pasta and chicken mmm. Came back to Smugglers for a fire show which was mainly dancing but it was all amazing. Played games afterwards and of course I got picked on. I was the cat and the rat in the game where they couldn't catch eachother and everyone else was a circle seperating them! Loadsa fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment