Monday 5 December 2011

Fiji; Waya LaiLai

01/12/2011

OMG its December!! Pinch punch first day of the month!! Its CHRISTMAS month!! But means I only have 20 days left of travelling :(

Anyway, Waya Lailai was nice. Beautiful mountainous (!) Scenery and the huts were on a hill looking out to sea.

We went to the beach and did weaving, I made a bookmark and I made a shell bracelet :) it poured with rain half way through we got sooo soaked!

We had dinner and watched a bula dance show again and took part in some dance games. Had a couple of drinks but Waya LaiLai is really chilled out so I had an early night. Had the worst sleep ever! Insects in my bed! :(

Next day 30th I woke up to amazing weather. We left to go to the other side of the island to watch a school graduation and rugby match. The kids were so cute wearing mortar boards! The ceremony really dragged though! The rugby was interesting, I don't understand how they're able to play in the sweltering heat!

Got back had dinner and saw some more Fijian dancing. Had more drinks tonight, played truth or dare and only went home when the electricity went off! I didn't want to sleep in the dorm! I changed beds though so I was fine!

Next day 1st Dec I went swimming with SHARKS!! It was amazing! We literally got in a boat to the middle of the ocean and had to jump in! We snorkeled a little further out and swam above a reef. The guys broke fish apart and reef shark came! It was seriously amazing.

Had an amazing lunch of spaghetti bolognase and cheese and crackers and sat around the beach waiting for the boat down to Bounty. Have to say Waya Lailai was my least favourite resort. I couldve easily stayed another night at Korovo and Bounty and skipped it altogether. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment