Sunday 11 December 2011

New Zealand; Kiwi Experience bus, Day 6; Taupo to River Valley

12/12/2011

Had quite a late wake up, didn't need to leave until 9:30 :) we stopped off for coffee and I had a huge cream cake at 10:30am! Yum. Our next stop off was at a viewpoint of Lake Taupo which was beautiful and we also took pics with our green Kiwi bus.

Then we had ANOTHER WALK! At Taronga National park we walked and saw some beautiful mountains including Mount Doom and stopped off at an impressive waterfall that you could climb behind and fill up your water bottle with :) that took about 2 1/2 hours.

Another stop took us to another waterfall - Tawhai Falls. Apparently its from the Lord of the rings. Some people jumped off it. Craaaazy! Lol but it did look fun!

Then we drove to the accommodation, which was a lodge in River Valley. The river was nice and there was a bridgey swing thing to go over it. I didn't because of my hurt back!

Made myself some pasta for dinner and waited for happy hour at 8. Had a few beers and played MEGA JENGA lol which was fun! Then we played 'I've never' which was really exposing of me!! Lol but I don't care! :) went to bed about 12am

No comments:

Post a Comment