Saturday 10 December 2011

New Zealand, Kiwi Experience bus, Days 3 & 4: Taupo

11/12/2011

Drive from Rotorua today; we stopped off at a Maori arts and crafts centre, saw some carving and weaving and some more sulphur lakes and mud pools - they looked like the moon!
Our guide boiled us some eggs in a hot pool lol. We waited for a geyser to erupt for AGES but it never did :( boo

THEN we climbed a VOLCANO! I didn't want to so I stayed sitting at the bottom for a while until I got bored and thought 'let me go up a little bit' and before I knew it I was halfway up and then I was at the top! I kept thinking that I've come this far, I'm gonna go to the top! I was actually determined! The view was nice, I'm so proud! :)

Went to Huka falls afterwards which was pretty and some people went for a skydive :o

Got to base and had a free BBQ at element which was just a sandwich of sausage and burger.. nice though! Had a couple of jugs of snakebite and then went to someone's room for JD and coke and TEQUILA!! We played drinking games and then the night got messy lol.

The music at element was really good and I stayed dancing for most of the night. I fell over pretty badly at one point though. Don't remember falling but my backs been hurting ever since! Twas a good night!!

Next day 10th dec, I slept in and didn't get out of bed until 12! The housekeeping guys recognised me from last night! Lol i did make it outside though! Took a walk to the pharmacy and the woman suggested I go to the hot pools for my back. So we asked a couple where it is and they kindly dropped us there. NZ ppl are nice :) the hot pools were actually just heated swimming pools but it was nice! We rented swimming costumes and swam around. We also used the sauna :)

On the walk back home we stopped off at a thermal stream. It was really pretty. Then we got back to town did some grocery shopping and I lay down! Lol proper hungover now from last night and my back was killing! Had crunchy nut cornflakes for dinner and went bed after 9.. Sooo tired!! I actually realised that I didn't see Lake Taupo!! Lol ill be back here anyway so ill see it then!

No comments:

Post a Comment