Saturday 17 December 2011

New Zealand; Kiwi Experience bus, Days 7 - 11 Wellington

17/12/2011

Were going to Wellington! I'm staying there 5 nights. I had an amazing breakfast on the 12th, FULL English even with hash browns!!
Was quite a nice drive down to Wellington from River Valley, stopped off at a place called Bulls where everything was called 'something - a - Bull' I.e. The police station was Consta - Bull lol

Wellington Day 1; 12th dec

Got to YHA in the evening and made a fuss about having a top bunk in my room because of my back injury. They changed my room :) to a 6 bed en-suite. I shared with 2 German guys who moved out the next morning. Anyway, that evening we all went for dinner at a Mongolian BBQ restaurant which was pretty cool. You fill up your bowl with your own meat, veg and noodles and they cook it for you. Wasn't too much of a fan of the food though.
After we went home to get changed and a few of us went out for drinks. We started at Base bar where there was a wet Tshirt competition, which wasn't entertaining at all! Lol it was just embarrassing!
It was a Monday night so we couldn't really find anywhere else to drink. We had a couple at a really chilled out place and then went back to base which was shit! Went home at about 12/1!

Wellington day 2; 13th dec

Got to lie in and I'm not with my group anymore as most are going down to the South island today. I read in a brochure that Kci & Jojo are randomly in Wellington on the 14th, so I went to St James Theatre like 5 mins away and bought a ticket! Was $83, but its something I won't have the chance to do again!
After that I kept walking and decided to take the cable car up to the Botanical Gardens, which were really pretty. Loads of wierd trees and pretty flowers :)
Looked around the shops and walked back to YHA. Stopped off and did some grocery shopping then had a nap when I got in. Got awoken by my new housemates - 5 japenese people lol. Went and had soup for dinner and watched Wall-E in the TV room awww Wall E. Early night for me tonight. I feel pretty worn down because of my back and the bad hayfever, and I'm sad that ill be home soon :( oh well. Kci&JoJo 2mo night!

Wellington Day 3 - 14th Dec

I had a fix myself up day today! Uno pluckin eyebrows washing my hair etc. All I did in the day was go supermarket.
Then I left for K-ci and JoJo at about 6:45pm. Doors open at 7 so I thought I'd be fine. The show didn't start til 8:30!! But its fine tho, the DJ was playing some chooons! :) pure 90s RnB and Reggae at 1 point. He played 'in my house..there's a picture on the wall..' Lol deep.
Anyway 1st to perform was Barry Southgate who I didn't know, but he was amazing. Amazing voice. Sang couple of his own tunes and Boys2men water runs dry and somewhere over the rainbow. Aww
2nd out was an artist called Spawn Breezy who was a Reggae guy. Reminded me of Sean Kingston but not commercial enough to be big.

Then came K-ci and JoJo! The show was aiight it was nice 2 reminice about the tunes n stuff and they are F*in legends but they were so old (yes I knew this but..dunnoo!) And when Kci would try be sexy I'd cringe. Also JoJo wasn't there he was an embarrassment. Wasn't singing just blurting and at 1 point fell off his chair. Stay off the drugs maynnn! Oh well I'm glad I went.
Didn't go afterparty just went home. gotta watch those pennies lol.

Wellington Day 4 - 15th Dec

I only have 5 nights left travelling :( sad times. Slept in a bit today again and then went to Te Papa museum. Amazing because its free lol. It was interesting there was stuff about earthquakes, animals, the world, women gay rights etc. I felt I learnt a lot about NZ but Melbourne museum was better!
Didn't do much for the rest of the day. Washed all my clothes which wouldn't dry, ate lunch and ate an apple cream cake mmm. Early night tonight. Old Grandma laura lol.

Wellington Day 5 - 16th Dec

It stopped raining!!! Yay! I had a really good walk around the city for like 5 hours. Looked in a lot of shops, bought a few souviners, walked through Cuba street. How I killed 5 hours ill never know lol. Got back home and sorted my bag out seeing as I had ALL of my clothes hanging around the room everywhere.
Then met my new roommates Ben and Ryan really nice guys :) went to an Irish pub with them, we joked around and drank a lot! Lol it was soooo hard getting up for my bus up to Taupo the next day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment