Sunday 30 October 2011

Australia; Cairns

After a very bumpy and squished plane ride I finally got to Cairns :) got to Gilligans hostel at about 12pm, I intended on having a walk around but ended up sleeping til 6!

Went down for a free dinner which was disgusting! MEANT to be cottage pie! Randomly met up with someone on my tour starting the next day so we stayed downstairs at the bar and had a few drinks. We met 2 guys who were constanly buying drinks but 1 of them were ridiculously forward! Starting to realise its an Australian thing!

Next day 29th I wasn't feeling too hungover and I had an introductionary meeting with my tour group. All really lovely. We went to Kurunda and went to a kind of Zoo. I cuddled a Koala - he was like a real live teddy bear :)

That night I went on a party bus which went to the main bars in Cairns, loads of fun but I did it all alone so was pretty shy to begin with but made friends pretty easily. Had a bit of a messy night so was hungover the next day.

Luckily I didn't do much, walked down to the lagoon, Cairns is beautiul! Went to the pool at Gilligans and got a free BBQ :)

Later I finally went out with my group! We went for dinner at Rattle and hum which was nice then went onto the Woolshed for drinks which was lots of fun. I got involved in a couple of games - blind date and dildo racing lol. A pretty messy night soooooooo hungover the next day had to leave at 6am!

No comments:

Post a Comment