Thursday 6 October 2011

Indochina Discovery; bye bye Vietnam! Hello Laos! Lak Xao and Vientiene

6/10/2011
Aww no more Vietnam! It did feel like I was there forever though! 12 days was long enough. Even though I loved Nha Trang and Hoi An, I couldn't cope with the roads of Saigon and Hanoi!!
We left Hanoi at 6:30am on the 5th!! And arrived at our hotel in Laos at 5:00pm! Boi what a long day. We did stop off for lunch though, at a very local place, I just asked for stir fried vegetables for my cold, but got a plate of green! I think it was morning glory. Yuk nearly vomited trying to eat it!
Anyway, went onto cross the border and had to pay 37 dollars for my visa. We stamped out of Vietnam and stamped back into Laos. Immediately it looked very poor.
We got to our hotel in Lak Xao and it looked so poor! There was a beautiful backdrop of mountains though.
Went for dinner at the only restaurant called only one lol, I had chips and soup, but a fly went in my soup so I gave most of it to these 3 dogs that were hovering around our table!
Had an early night - had to wake up at 6am the next day to go to Vientiane. A 6 hour drive this time! :/
Our only stops were some questionable toilets and we nearly had to go in a bush!!
Got to the hotel around 2pm and got a tuktuk to the Victory Gate - which was very similar to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris (and all the other arcs in all cities in the world!), and we went to a temple - Pha That Luang.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment