Friday 21 October 2011

Thai Island Hopping; Koh Lanta

22/10/2011

OK, so we had already had 2 nights in Phi Phi and decided to have 3.. We then changed our mind about midnight on night 2.. So in the morning we booked our ferry to Koh Lanta for 2 hours later.

My friend (stupidly) took the tour guy's offer of accomodation at 'Lanta new beach bungalows' for a reduced price. The leaflet made it look really good though!

Anyway, the ferry only took 1hr 20 and we got a free transfer to the hotel, it was like we were in the middle of nowhere!

The hotel wasn't great, not very clean and it was thundering and raining. We were next to the beach though, but it wasn't very nice..what a dissapointment, when I've heard such good things about Lanta! Were inbetween Pra-ae beach and Klong Khoang beach.

After some quick research on my phone we decided to find accomodation tomorrow on Klong Dao beach.

That night we didn't do much, went for dinner and I had a pancake :) and I had one cocktail.. Called Lanta colour :)

Next day 21st was MORE LIKE IT! We checked out at 11 had breakfast then got a cab to Klong Dao beach, wikitravel said it was becoming the most popular beach on Koh Lanta. We found some NICE accomodation - Lanta sea house.

Lanta is anything but touristy, for the first time it reminded me of the non touristy parts of Laos. We took a walk down the road and it looked very 'local' with the odd restaurant and 7/11.

We went to the beach, which was so nice! Really shallow so we went far out and the waves were HUGE and rough! Got seriously knocked down so much, I lost a bracelet and an earring! Then we came out and went in the pool and it started raining HARD! I just stayed in the pool in the rain til it started thundering!! Ran inside!!

Later we went to dinner down the road at a place called 'Fat Monkey' - the best food so far! I had pasta and it tasted sooooo good! They did gormet burgers and stuff too. Yumyum.. And I had lime juice :) just like my mum makes it! Mmmmmmm.. Refreshing! Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment