Wednesday 12 October 2011

Indochina Discovery; byebye Laos, hello Northern Thailand. Pak Beng - Chiang Khong

12/10/2011
We left Luang Prabang at 7:30am :s
Got on a boat up the Mekong river which took 10 hours! We made one stop at a Mong people's village which was nice. Loads of animals running round and kids!
We got to the town of Pak Beng at about 6pm and went for dinner at this sweet little place with hand made menus.
Afterwards we went to the only bar in town - hive bar, which was completely empty before we got in there but got really packed by the end! You could play your own music from your ipod so I played DJ for a bit :)
Next day was soooo bad! We left at 6am!! Omg I was so tired! I slept as soon as I got on the boat. Yes, our boat trip on the Mekong river continued! Another 10 hours but this time we will be crossing into Thailand.
We got off the boat on the Laos side of the river to stamp out then got a longtail boat across the river to Northern Thailand to stamp in.
We got to our hotel and a couple of girls swam in the river :s I think that my knee is now infected so I'm not gonna risk it!
Later we went for a walk for dinner, bought some stuff from 7/11, but couldn't find any restaurants open! Apparently its a festival day. We ate at the hotel which was ok.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment